The City of Revelstoke will start its curbside recycling program on Jan. 3, 2012. City officials have posted up the pick-up schedule, area maps and detailed recycling instruction on their website. See below for links to those documents.
Here area few details on the program. For all the details, please see the links below.
– Recycling will be every second week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays, depending on where you live.
– There is no rotation of recycling days due to holidays.
– Recycling must be placed in clear blue plastic bags, which are available at local grocery stores.
– You are allowed to recycle as many bags as you want each week, provided they are under 22 pounds each.
– Glass is not accepted. A city brochure says it is a contaminant and a safety hazard for the sorting workers.
– The existing bins at the Revelstoke Bottle Depot will remain in operation as is. Residents are encouraged to continue recycling all containers that have deposits there.
– Starting Jan. 1, any material that is recyclable will not be accepted in your garbage bags.
– Homes that currently receive curbside garbage pickup are included in the program. Those that don’t are asked to continue recycling as they do now.
Do I need to rinse out the containers? What about can lids? Can I recycle paper towels, or not? What numbers on plastic containers are accepted? For answers to these questions and many more, see this City of Revelstoke recycling guide.
What is the pickup schedule? Which neighbourhood am I in? What time of the day is pickup? For answers to these questions and more, see this City of Revelstoke recycling map and schedule.