The National Day for Truth and Reconciliation on Sept. 30, is a day to honour the victims and survivors of residential schools as well as the families and communities impacted by children being ripped from their homes.
A few events to recognize the day and learn more about the journey of reconciliation are scheduled in the Central Okanagan.
Here’s what you can do on Sept. 30:
- Truth and Reconciliation - (Un)learn with Kelowna Museums
- Spirit of the Lake Native Boutique Outdoor Market
- Free tours from 12 p.m. to 2p.m. at the Sncewips Heritage Museum
- Indigenous and Proud at Creekside Theatre
- Lunch and activities at Ki-Low-Na Friendship Society 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
If you are hosting an event in the Central Okanagan email Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org to have it added to the list.