For the second time in as many days, the Salmon Arm Fire Department was summoned to the Shaw Centre by an ammonia alarm coming from the hockey arena.
Monday’s alarm came just before 3 p.m., while the alarm on Sunday, April 1 sounded shortly after 8 a.m.
Dale Berger, the operations manager for the Shuswap Recreation Society, said Sunday the alarm was the result of a glitch caused by the installation of new equipment. No ammonia was actually discharged.
Related: Sicamous arena treating for ammonia
Berger said the detector mistakenly sensed ammonia in the air exceeding 300 parts per million, which triggered the alarm.
The Shaw Centre was closed to the public for the Easter weekend at the time of the alarm, so no one was evacuated.