Father still hunting killer of B.C. realtor 10 years after her death

Realtor was showing a Victoria-area home when she was murdered in February 2008 and the case remains unsolved

Lindsay Buziak, murdered in February of 2008. Black Press File.

The father of Lindsay Buziak, who was murdered 10 years ago in Saanich, says time has healed wounds, but not diminished his resolve to find her murderer.

“It never goes away,” says Jeff Buziak of the pain, in an interview before Friday’s Lindsay Buziak Memorial Walk for Justice. It honours the legacy of 24-year-old Lindsay Buziak, whom Saanich Police found stabbed to death on Feb. 2, 2008, in an unoccupied Gordon Head home on De Sousa Place the Saanich realtor was showing to a man and a woman.

Jason Zailo – Buziak’s boyfriend at the time – found her body some 15 minutes after she had been stabbed 47 times.

Saanich police have not made yet any arrests in the case and the file remains open.

Buziak says he — unlike more than 40 per cent of individuals in his category — has avoided the effects that often appear in the aftermath of cases involving missing or murdered children. Six years of counseling have helped him manage and accept his daughter’s death, says Buziak.

But if time has healed wounds, Buziak says he will continue to honour the promise that he gave to his daughter when he held her body in the morgue: to find her murderer.

“The police is asking for public assistance, and I do everything I can,” he said.

These efforts includes a website — lindsaybuziakmurder.com — where individuals can anonymously share tips, as well as the annual walk.

This year’s 17-kilometre-long route starts at 10 a.m. Friday outside Royal Oak Burial Park. It will wind its way to the site of the murder before ending outside Saanich’s Municipal Hall.

Buziak says the message of the walk is to remind the public about her unsolved murder.

“This unresolved murder has to come to an end,” he said. “Saanich Police has to step up its game. They keep fumbling the ball before the goal-line.”

Friday’s walk takes place six months after somebody posted a confession on lindsaybuziakmurder.com.

“I killed Lindsay and stupid cops will never prove it, so you all got nothin,” read the opening of the comment that also includes an unverified confession.

The comment jolted Buziak, who shared it with Saanich Police.

Buziak said he will continue to share with police information that he receives as part of a larger effort to help protect woman against violence and track down those who have committed violence against women.

Just Posted

Caribou Rainforest book tour arrives in Revelstoke

The book is being released just when caribou have become extinct in the contiguous United States.

Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance accepting applications for art grants

Artists in all disciplines—as well as arts and culture organizations—are invited to… Continue reading

Soon-to-be-extinct caribou moved north of Revelstoke

The three caribou are currently being held in maternal pens on the westside of Lake Revelstoke

Syrian family soon to arrive in Revelstoke

Revelstoke for Refuges held an information session at the library on the soon-to-be Revelstokians

Revelstoke resident creates global sport training program

The 20 hour course teaches the science and application of interval training at the university level

VIDEO: Students in MAGA hats mock Native American at Indigenous Peoples March

Diocese in Kentucky says it is investigating the matter, caught on video by onlookers

CONSUMER REPORT: What to buy each month in 2019 to save money

Resolve to buy all of the things you want and need, but pay less money for them

Want to avoid the speculation tax on your vacant home? Rent it out, Horgan says

Premier John Horgan and Sheila Malcolmson say speculation and vacancy tax addresses homelessness

UPDATE: B.C. woman and boy, 6, found safe, RCMP confirm

Roseanne Supernault says both she and her six-year-old nephew are fine and she has contacted police

PHOTOS: Women’s Marches take to the streets across B.C. and beyond

Women and allies marched worldwide protesting violence against women, calling for equality

Anxiety in Alaska as endless aftershocks rattle residents

Seismologists expect the temblors to continue for months, although the frequency has lessened

Women’s March returns across the U.S. amid shutdown and controversy

The original march in 2017, the day after President Donald Trump’s inauguration, drew hundreds of thousands of people

Federal Liberals announce former B.C. MLA as new candidate in byelection

Richard Lee will face off against federal NDP leader Jagmeet Singh

No winning ticket in $10 million Lotto Max jackpot

No win in Friday night’s draw means the next Lotto Max draw will be approximately $17 million

Most Read