Damage caused by a Dec. 7 fire at a trailer on Lundell Road.

Damage caused by a Dec. 7 fire at a trailer on Lundell Road.

Frozen pipes lead to trailer fire

An afternoon fire on Saturday, Dec. 7 was the result of an errant attempt to use a space heater to thaw frozen water pipes.

An afternoon fire on Lundell Road on Saturday, Dec. 7 was the result of an errant attempt to use a space heater to thaw frozen water pipes.

Fire Chief Rob Girard warned residents to be extremely careful when using space heaters or torches in attempts to thaw frozen pipes.

There were no injuries in the incident. The occupants of the trailer are being helped to find shelter.