Rain and wind are in the weather forecast for the Okanagan-Shuswap Sunday, June 28. (Black Press - file photo)

Rain and wind are in the weather forecast for the Okanagan-Shuswap Sunday, June 28. (Black Press - file photo)

More rain, more wind for Okanagan-Shuswap

Environment Canada calling for rain and wind Sunday, but a nice looking week lies ahead

Baby the rain must fall, sang crooner Glenn Yarbrough, in a song of the same title written by Elmer Bernstein and Ernie Sheldon, in 1965.

And fall it will Sunday, June 28, throughout the Okanagan-Shuswap with wind thrown in as a bonus.

The good news is, there is a mix of sun and cloud in the forecast for the week with Canada Day, Wednesday, July 1, expected to be sunny with highs near 25 degrees.

SUNDAY FORECASTS:

NORTH OKANAGAN

Mainly cloudy. 70 per cent chance of showers changing to 30 per cent chance of showers this morning. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h this morning then becoming north 20 gusting to 40 except gusting to 60 near thunderstorms this afternoon. High 20. UV index 7 or high.

Tonight: Partly cloudy with 40 per cent chance of showers this evening. Clearing overnight. Risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40 except gusting to 60 near thunderstorms early this evening. Wind becoming light this evening. Low 12.

CENTRAL OKANAGAN

Mainly cloudy with 30 per cent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h this morning then becoming north 20 gusting to 40 except gusting to 60 near thunderstorms this afternoon. High 20. UV index 7 or high.

Tonight Partly cloudy with 40 per cent chance of showers this evening. Clearing overnight. Risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40 except gusting to 60 near thunderstorms early this evening. Wind becoming light this evening. Low 12.

SOUTH OKANAGAN

Mainly cloudy with 30 per cent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50 except gusting to 70 near thunderstorms late this afternoon. High 22. UV index 7 or high.

Tonight Partly cloudy. 30 per cent chance of showers this evening with risk of a thunderstorm. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50 except gusting to 70 near thunderstorms early this evening. Wind becoming light this evening. Low 14.

SHUSWAP

Mainly cloudy with 40 per cent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 this morning. High 21. UV index 7 or high.

Tonight Mainly cloudy with 40 per cent chance of showers early this evening and risk of a thunderstorm. Clearing late this evening. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light this evening. Low 10.

SIMILKIMEEN

A few showers ending near noon then cloudy with 30 per cent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 this morning. High 19. UV index 4 or moderate.

Tonight Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers this evening with risk of a thunderstorm. Clearing before morning. Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light near midnight. Low 11.

READ MORE: Severe thunderstorm alerts issued for Okanagan Valley



roger@vernonmorningstar.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Environment Canada weather

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

Downtown Revelstoke. (Liam Harrap/Revelstoke Review)
COVID slows in Revelstoke to 2 new cases

Data is from Jan. 17 to 23

Toronto’s Mass Vaccination Clinic is shown on Sunday January 17, 2021. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Frank Gunn
Interior Health reports 2 more deaths, 83 new COVID-19 cases

Health authority also identifies new virus cluster in Fernie

Beard Growing Contests were popular in Revelstoke as far back as the first Golden Spike Days Celebration in July of 1944. In this staged publicity photo, local barber Clarence Sheedy is seen with contestants Toby Belinski, two unknown men, Elio Pradolini, possibly Nelson Huckle, and Al McAskill. (Revelstoke Museum and Archives photo 348)
Glimpses of Revelstoke’s past for Jan. 28

A look at local history as recorded by the newspaper

A moose and her calf attempting to cross the Jordan River June 22, 2020, as seen from the Jordan River trail. (Jocelyn Doll/Revelstoke Review)
Letter: One year later Jordan River area still at risk

A Revelstoke company is one year in to their two year temporary permit for exploration in the area

Kevin Dorrius, general manager at Community Futures Revelstoke, presents Revelstoke local Jane McNab with the Volunteer of the Year Award for Revelstoke. (Submitted)
Community Futures planning September conference

Final decisions will be made in July depending on the state of the pandemic and vaccinations

British Columbia Health Minister Adrian Dix looks on as Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry addresses the media during a news conference at the BC Centre of Disease Control in Vancouver B.C. (THE CANADIAN PRESS/Jonathan Hayward)
B.C. announces 485 new COVID-19 cases, fewest deaths in months

‘The actions we take may seem small, but will have a big impact to stop the virus,” urges Dr. Henry

Keith Thorpe/Peninsula Daily News
Search called off for small plane that went down in rough water south of Victoria

Plane bound for Port Angeles from Alaska believed to have one occupant, an Alaskan pilot

Crown prosecutors have stayed attempted murder charges against Kelowna’s Jesse Pez. (Phil McLachlan - Capital News)
Man accused in Kelowna Halloween stabbing has attempted murder charge stayed

The Crown only proceeds with charges when evidence provides ‘a substantial likelihood of conviction’

RCMP released this photo on Jan. 27, 2021 of Terrance Jones, 40, a Caucasian man with a closely shaved head, brown eyes, dirty blonde or brown hair, and a thin mustache and beard. The inside of his right arm is covered in tattoos, including one of a face. (Kamloops RCMP photo)
RCMP want public’s help to locate Shuswap man wanted on charge of attempted murder

Sicamous man was arrested previously on Jan. 11 for allegedly breaching conditions of release

Join Black Press Media and Do Some Good
Join Black Press Media and Do Some Good

Pay it Forward program supports local businesses in their community giving

Royal B.C. Museum conservator Megan Doxsey-Whitfield kneels next to a carved stone pillar believed to have significance as a First Nations cultural marker by local Indigenous people. The pillar was discovered on the beach at Dallas Road last summer. Museum curatorial staff have been working with Songhees and Esquimalt Nation representatives to gain a clearer picture of its use. (Photo courtesy Royal BC Museum)
Stone carving found on Victoria beach confirmed Indigenous ritual pillar

Discussion underway with the Esquimalt and Songhees about suitable final home for the artifact

Former Vancouver Giants forward Evander Kane is seen here in Game 7 of the second round of the 2009 WHL playoffs against the Spokane Chiefs (Sam Chan under Wikipedia Commons licence)
Gambling debts revealed in details of bankruptcy filing by hockey star Evander Kane

Sharks left winger and former Vancouver Giants player owes close to $30 million total

Othman “Adam” Hamdan, pictured in front of Christina Lake’s Welcome Centre, was acquitted of terrorism related charges in 2017. He has been living in Christina Lake since November 2020. Photo: Laurie Tritschler
Man acquitted on terrorism charges awaits deportation trial while living in Kootenays

Othman Ayed Hamdan said he wants to lead a normal life while he works on his upcoming book

Most Read