The Revelstoke fire department responded to a fire in an apartment on May 12.
Upon arrival at the 1700 block of Emerald Drive fire crews found heavy smoke and flames coming from the kitchen and began an aggressive interior attack.
Due to a quick response by the first arriving engine, the fire was contained to one unit of the six-plex building.
The main floor sustained heavy smoke and some fire damage and the basement received minor smoke and water damage.
Firefighters extinguished and overhauled the fire in approximately 2.5 hours, with no injuries to any of the 15 responding people.
The Fire Department responded with two pumpers, a ladder truck and one command vehicle.
The cause of the fire was determined to be cooking left unattended.
Cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home injuries. Make sure to stay in the kitchen at all times when you are cooking and keep anything that can catch fire away from your stove top.