An electrical short at a Vernon high school sent one person to hospital and the building’s occupants briefly out into the cold Friday afternoon.
Around 1 p.m. Dec. 4, Vernon Fire Rescue was called to Clarence Fulton Secondary School due to an electrical incident, according to Christy Poirier, city communications manager.
Firefighters found electricians working with a live wire which contacted a piece of metal, causing a large arc flash and an electrical short. As a precaution, the school was evacuated.
One person was treated by BC Ambulance Services members and taken to hospital with undisclosed injuries.
“There was no fire involved at the incident,” Poirier said.
Students and staff returned to the building shortly after being evacuated.