I would like to thank the Revelstoke Fire Rescue Services for their incredibly fast response in putting out the fire in my backyard shed Wednesday, May 30. I passed the fire truck on the way to my house after picking up my son and going to get groceries, wondering where they were off to! When I arrived home they already had the fire extinguished and did a rapid job of ensuring any adjacent bushes had nothing burning below.
It’s embarrassing to admit I left to pick up my son without fully extinguishing a small fire with a water hose. I am shocked first at the speed that a spark spread first to the bark of a tree 10 feet away and a shed 15 feet away. Lesson hard learned and not to be repeated!
Only special occasion fires are allowed, and clearly this was not one of those!
I’d like to thank my neighbour who spotted the out-of-control fire and Revelstoke Fire Rescue Services for putting it out.