Thirty-nine track & field athletes from Revelstoke Secondary School qualified for the Okanagan Valley Championships at the north zone meet in Kamloops Tuesday.
– Lachlan Hicks (jr. boy): 1st in the 100m, 100m hurdles and 300m hurdles
– Peter Behncke (jr. boy): 1st in discus, hammer and shot put
– Chris Andrews (gr. 8 boy): 1st in 100m and discus and 3rd in the 200m
– Jacqueline Cottingham (gr. 8 girl): 1st in the 400m and 800m and 2nd in the high jump
– Kirill Dubrovsky (jr. boy): 1st in the discus and javelin and 2nd in the 200m
– Brittany Evans (sr. girl): 1st in the 1,500m and 1,500m steeplechase and 2nd in the 800m
– Megan Evans (jr. girl): 1st in the 800m and 1,500m and 4th in the 3,000m
– Courtney Smith (jr. girl): 1st in the hammer and shot put
– Amy Gagnon (gr. 8 girl): 1st in the 80m hurdles and 2nd in the 100m & 400m
– Bronte Viznaugh (sr. girl): 1st in the hammer, 2nd in javelin and 3rd in discus
– Gordon Mason (jr. boy): 1st in the 3,000m, 3rd in the 1,500m and 4th in the shot put.
– Rhys Evans (gr. 8 boy): 1st in the 100m hurdles
– Sage Fisher (gr. 8 girl): 1st in the 200m
– Delyth Harper (sr. girl): 2nd in the 100m hurdles, 400m hurdles and 1,500m steeplechase.
The strong showing was evidenced in the team results, with RSS’ grade eight girls, junior boys, senior girls and senior boys all coming in first, the junior girls in second and grade eight boys in third.
The Okanagan Valley Championships takes place Tuesday, May 17 in Kelowna.