Skip to content

Bathroom fire causes evacuation of Kelowna Wendy’s

The Wendy’s on Hollywood Road reported smoke from the bathroom at 4:30p.m.
Fire sparked in a Wendy’s bathroom on March 28. (Jordy Cunningham/Capital News)

A small fire sparked in the bathroom of a Wendy’s in Kelowna at around 4:30p.m. on March 28.

Customers and employees evacuated the restaurant on Hollywood Road in Rutland after smoke was seen coming from the bathroom.

Firefighters were seen carrying a hose into the building before the fire was extinguished about 20 minutes later.

The RCMP and Fortis B.C. also attended the scene, and there does not seem to be any injuries.

READ MORE: Sexual violence rampant amid lack of housing options for homeless Vancouver women: survey


Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our daily and subscribe to our daily newsletter.

Jacqueline Gelineau

About the Author: Jacqueline Gelineau

I'm a reporter in the beginning stages of my career. I joined the team at Capital News in November 2021...
Read more