Brief: Carbon monoxide causes evacuation

A carbon monoxide leak led to the evacuation of the CP Rail Station building on Tuesday morning, delaying rail traffic through Revelstoke for about 45 minutes.

A carbon monoxide leak led to the evacuation of the CP Rail Station building on Tuesday morning, delaying rail traffic through Revelstoke for about 45 minutes.

Revelstoke Fire Rescue Services chief Rob Girard said an issue with the building’s boiler caused carbon monoxide to collect in the building. The issue was detected by a carbon monoxide alarm mid-morning on Sept. 20.

After evacuating the building, responders cleared the issue and workers were allowed to re-enter the building. There were no injuries.