Cloudy in Revelstoke today

High five degrees

Weather report from Environment Canada for Revelstoke area:

Today: Cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries near noon then 60 percent chance of rain showers. Snow level rising to 1000 metres this afternoon. High plus 5. UV index 1 or low.

Tonight: Cloudy with 40 percent chance of rain showers this evening and after midnight. Light snow beginning overnight. Snow level 1000 metres lowering to valley bottom overnight. Low plus 1.

Tomorrow: Cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries changing to 40 percent chance of rain showers in the morning. Snow level rising to 1200 metres in the afternoon. High plus 5. UV index 1 or low.

Road conditions:

Highway 1 east: Slushy with slippery sections between Glacier National Park West Boundary and Glacier National Park East Boundary for 43.5 km (1 km east of West Boundary of Glacier National Park to East Boundary of Glacier National Park).

Highway 1 west: No conditions report.

Highway 23 north: Rock slope stabilization between Revelstoke Dam Access Rd and 5 Mile Boat Launch for 1.3 km (Revelstoke). Until Wed Nov 6 at 5:00 PM PDT. Road closed intermittently. Watch for traffic control. Rock scaling above Revelstoke Dam hill. Expect intermittent closures with 20 minute delays.

Highway 23 south: No conditions report.

Check DriveBC for more details and updates.

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

Snow, snow and snow for Revelstoke

The white stuff will continue to fall into next week

Revelstoke already double last year’s snowfall

The city is just below halfway to the snowiest winter on record

Have your say on what it takes raising toddlers in Revelstoke

The study started collecting data last summer and is expected to continue until at least May

Avalanche control on Highway 1 near Revelstoke

Expect 20 minute delays at Three Valley Gap until 2 p.m.

Canada to bolster screening of central China passengers for virus at 3 airports

Additional measures will include messaging on arrivals screens in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver

Calls for dialogue as Coastal GasLink pipeline polarizes some in northern B.C.

Coastal GasLink is building the 670-kilometre pipeline from British Columbia’s northeast to Kitimat on the coast

Coquihalla, Highway 3 to be hit with freezing rain, sparking warning to commuters

Hard to say when the freezing rain will turn to regular rainfall, Environment Canada says

‘Lift for Wills’ community fundraiser to support Penticton boy fighting cancer

This Sunday, stop by World Gym Penticton for by-donation drop-in classes, a silent auction, more.

Closed mills, housing surge support a positive forecast for lumber industries

B.C. lumber producers have closed mills accounting for 18% of province’s capacity, RBC report says

Good Samaritan pays part of rent for B.C. woman facing eviction in can-collecting dispute

Zora Hlevnjak, 76, supplements her pension by collecting cans and receiving public donations

Princeton – a Prince Town in waiting?

The Town of Princeton has been waiting 160 years for a Royal… Continue reading

Group builds shelters for Vernon’s stray cats

Twenty insulated cat shelters were constructed by volunteers and delivered around town

UBCO partners with Boeing to test new anti-ice coating technology

The coating could one day be applied to all airplanes to prevent ice buildup

Most Read