An electrical fire in a third-floor unit at the Monashee Court housing complex on Third Street West led to an evacuation of the building on Sunday at around 1:30 p.m.
The fire started in a baseboard heater in one unit, but was confined to that location.
Firefighters assisted elderly residents from the building and brought in fans to help ventilate the apartment block.
Emergency Social Services helped one resident and her cat find temporary accommodation.
17 firefighters responded. There were no injuries.