A Revelstoke man charged with making child pornography and other disturbing crimes made his fourth appearance in Revelstoke court on Wednesday, but no plea has been entered yet.
“There is a possibility this will be disposed of by the way of plea but the disclosure has trickled in,” the man’s lawyer told the court, “Last week I received about 400 pages of disclosure that I am currently reviewing and I have sent to (the accused) for his review as well.”
The man, who cannot be named due to a publication ban designed to protect the identity of victims and witnesses, is charged with making, accessing and possessing child pornography; sexual assault, touching of someone under 16 and sexual exploitation.
The man has been held in custody at Kamloops Regional Correctional Centre while his case proceeds slowly through the court system. The matter was adjourned until Thursday, Mar. 7.
“Although everyone is anxious to have the matter dealt with, it can’t be dealt with today,” said Klages. “It will take some time to deal with. My hope is it can be disposed of that day.”